Current system (block) vs BLP Applications
The best way to see if an innovation is a viable option is analyse the differences between it and the current system.
This is why we have made this video:
Video shows three types of installation on drywall:
- CURRENT SYSTEM: (on the left) It is how is installed nowadays the doors in Spain; drywaller installs the preframe and carpenter installs the door on it.
- STANDARD STYLE: (on the centre) Is our solution based on a wall with preframe or a reform where there is an existent frame. For more information see section Applications.
- COOL STYLE: (on the right) This solution requires to be installed at the same time it is installed the wall. This option does NOT need neither preframe nor casings. The result becomes more clear and stylish, getting a minimalist appearance. For more information see section Applications.
Video starts with the three versions without any wall and with the same sizes available.
Drywaller as the first step installs the preframe in both “Current system” and “Standard Style“, leaving everything ready for the carpenter to install the door. While in the “Cool Style” the drywaller performs the installation of EVERYTHING (wall and door).
We have been able to analyze different variables thanks to the results obtained from the three installations of this video:
The “Cool Style” option is the fastest one. “Standard Style” and “Current System” need almost the same installation time, but overpassing the first one more than 11.5%.
- Cool Style : 1:24:15
- Standard Style : 1:35:23
- Current System : 1:35:31
For more information about the breakdown of the times, contact us.
The “Cool Style” option is the cheapest one. “Standard Style” and “Current System” need almost the same investment, but overpassing the first one more than 10.5%.
- Cool Style : 303,54 €
- Standard Style : 339,71 €
- Current System : 344,83 €
These prices have been calculated understanding that every level of the distribution channel ( manufacturer / distributor / installer / final customer ) overcharge 25% margin over its cost. For more information about the breakdown of the prices, contact us.
The “Cool Style” option do not require so many tools and they are easier to handle than those used in the other options.
The “Cool Style” option is installed only by the drywaller, while the other systems also need the carpenter. With it, the final client only needs one professional, avoiding having to coordinate different professionals.
The video ends with a comparison of the 3 systems: